March 9, 2017 – Horseplayers can start studying immediately, as the draw is out for this Saturday’s (March 11) Jackpot Hi-5 mandatory payout race at Woodbine Racetrack.
A carryover of $578,231.58 is being brought into the Jackpot Hi-5 mandatory payout, which is offered on Race 10 this Saturday.
A 12-horse field has been put together for the Jackpot Hi-5 race. Overnight pacers meeting the conditions of Non-Winners of $10,500 last five or $18,000 last 10 will battle for an increased purse of $25,000.
All starters in Saturday’s Jackpot Hi-5 race will receive money. The winner of the race will receive 50 per cent of the purse, while horses finishing sixth through 12th will receive one per cent. The remainder of the purse will be split up as usual to the horses finishing second through fifth.
The current Jackpot Hi-5 carryover has been growing since the last mandatory payout on December 23.
On that evening, a carryover of $548,396 was brought into the mandatory payout and horseplayers wagered $2,081,441 of new money into the Jackpot Hi-5 pool.
Gregg McNair trainee The Rev won the Jackpot Hi-5 race on December 23 and once again will be competing in Saturday’s mandatory payout race, starting from Post 9. Dialamara (PP6) and Half A Billion (PP7) join The Rev as the only three horses from the most recent mandatory payout race to compete in Saturday’s event.
A $0.20 winning ticket on the December 23rd mandatory payout returned $4,842.70.
If previous mandatory payouts are any indication, a total pool well over $2 million is very likely on Saturday’s mandatory payout.
This Saturday will be the seventh major mandatory payout on WEG Standardbred racing since the Jackpot Hi-5 was introduced to the wagering menu in the fall of 2013.
An average of $1.7 million in new money has been wagered on each of the previous six major mandatory payouts.
The Jackpot Hi-5 requires horseplayers to select the top-five finishers in order. The minimum wager is $0.20, while the takeout is 15 per cent.
To view early program pages for Saturday’s card, click here.
Post time for Saturday’s card at Woodbine is 7:30 p.m.
Below is the field for Saturday’s Jackpot Hi-5 mandatory payout race.
Race 10 – Saturday, March 11 – Purse: $25,000
1. Machal Jordan (Roger Mayotte – Kenneth Switzer)
2. Casimir Overdrive (Doug McNair – Carmen Auciello)
3. Panedictine (Colin Kelly – Laurie Bako)
4. Single White Sock (James MacDonald – Ted MacDonnell)
5. Erle Dale N (Doug McNair – Ron Adams)
6. Dialamara (James MacDonald – Pat Fletcher)
7. Half A Billion (Louis Philippe Roy – Corey Giles)
8. Champagne Phil (Paul MacDonell – Dean Nixon)
9. The Rev (Doug McNair – Gregg McNair)
10. Mach On The Beach (Louis Philippe Roy – Richard Moreau)
11. Darcee N (Travis Cullen – Travis Cullen)
12. Bank Shot Hanover (Trevor Henry – Victor Puddy)