An impressive list of live and silent auction items has been provided by generous donors for the 37th Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Fundraising Dinner on August 15, 2013.
The ceremony promises to be an evening of celebrations as thirteen new members, including Niatross and Secretariat, join the best of Canadian Horse Racing. Held at the Mississauga Convention Centre, the evening will be emceed by Jim Bannon, Woodbine Entertainment Group Thoroughbred Racing Analyst and will feature a cocktail reception, a four course gourmet dinner and the Induction Ceremony in addition to the fantastic auction line-up.
The auction donors include Adena Springs, The Royal Horse Show, Langdon Hall, Equilease Corp., Gustav Schickedanz and the Woodbine Entertainment Group. All proceeds from the auction will go directly toward helping the Hall of Fame recognize the achievements of those that have built and established the roots of horse racing in Canada.
- Breeding season to Silent Name, Canada’s leading Thoroughbred sire in 2013, and sire of three International individual Grade 1 horses in 2013. The stallion was campaigned and is owned by Wertheimer et Frère, who own the French luxury brand, the House of Chanel, known for the “little black dress”, le parfum Chanel No. 5 and the iconic Chanel suit. He is by Sunday Silence-Danzigaway (Danehill) and stands at Adena Springs North in Ontario (donated by Adena Springs).
- An accommodation and spa package at luxurious Langdon Hall in Cambridge, ON, voted the best hotel in Canada two years in a row (donated by Langdon Hall and Jim Bannon)
- Dinner at the Turf Club Lounge and tickets to the New York Islanders vs Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Game – Tuesday, November 19, 2013 (donated by WEG)
- Breeding season to Hall of Fame stallion Langfuhr, sire of 2012 Hall of Fame Inductee Jambalaya and Grade 1 winning multimillionaires Euroears, Lawyer Ron and Wando. Langfuhr is by Danzig-Sweet Briar Too (Briartic) and stands at Lane’s End Farm, Versailles, KY (donated by Gustav Schickedanz, Schonfeld Farms)
- 4 box seat tickets to The Royal Horse Show, Friday November 8th including Tanbark Lounge access (donated by the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair)
- 2 Tickets located in Row 8, behind the basket, at the LA Clippers vs Toronto Raptors game, Saturday, January 25th (donated by Equilease Corp.)
- A one of a kind pendant created from a vintage, Standardbred-themed stamp (created and donated by Horsefeathers Equestrian Jewellery)
- Framed limited edition print by Linda Shantz of 2009 Hall of Fame inductee Somebeachsomewhere
- Framed limited edition print by Debbie Goldring of 1976 Hall of Fame inductee Northern Dancer, the original of which hangs permanently in the Hall.
Plus many more items from sports memorabilia and tickets to equine art and collectibles, there’s a little something for everyone. Visit the CHRHF website at www.canadianhorseracinghalloffame.com for a complete list of items.
The gala will celebrate the induction of Standardbred honourees Niatross, Admirals Express, Eternal Camnation, Doug Harkness, Carl Jamieson and William Rowe along with Thoroughbred counterparts Secretariat, Sealy Hill, Soaring Free, Sid Attard, Phil England, John Sikura Jr. and Bruce Walker.
The event will also pay tribute to 2013 Legend honourees Celias Counsel, Hidden Treasure, Jack Hood, and Samuel Johnston.
Previous inductees scheduled to attend this year’s event include Jockeys Ron Turcotte and Sandy Hawley, Trainers Mark Frostad, Robert Tiller and Larry Attard, Driver/Trainer Bill O’Donnell, with additional names expected to be added in the coming days.
The reception and silent auction will commence at 5:30 p.m., followed by a four course dinner, live auction and induction ceremonies at 6:30 p.m. Woodbine Entertainment Group Thoroughbred Racing Analyst Jim Bannon will MC the festivities.
We wish to thank our wine 2013 wine sponsor, Niagara Region winery, 20 Bees for their generous support.
A limited number of tickets are still available for $175 per person or $1,700 for a table sponsorship which includes 8 tickets and a $300.00 donation to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame by contacting Linda Rainey 416-417-9404 or firstname.lastname@example.org .